Baader Planetarium GmbH have just announced a range of new products today that you may be interested in.
First on the list is their new MK II Herschel Prism/Wedge for Solar study
- Integrated rotation mechanism for polarising filters
- S58 dovetail for use on the Steeltrack focuser using different optional adaptors
- new 3-point adjustment system of the wedge, preset in the factory
- Safety Kerfs on the 2″ nose-piece
- Sturdy air-sealed IP 67 transport case made of ABS plastic
Like the earlier model, it is available in a photographic and visual version.
Next is an 1.25″ filter holder for use on T-2 and 2″ filter thread accessories so you can use these smaller filters in the light path of larger aperture threaded items.
There are some new filters too!
Keeping with the Solar topic, a new Gen-II Calcium-K filter which includes Baader ND3.8 film. This new filter allows fine Solar detail to be imaged in the CaK 394nm region without the need to stack filters.