This high quality four (4) set of filters from Baader are for astroimaging purposes.
- Parfocal and plane polished substrates. Each individual filter is optically fine-polished to 1/4 wave.
- Baader LRGB filters are hard coated individually.
- Baader filters especially are not cut out of large size plate-glass, which is a typical manufacturing process for economy filters (cut-out filters exhibit micro-cracks around all edges. Capillary action between glass and coating layers will lead to premature ageing due to moisture deposition).
- All Baader filters have individual coating sealed edges, impermeable against ageing because the the penetration of moisture impossible.
- Baader filters are being tested repeatedly to comply with MIL-specifications. One common process is to boil the test specimen for one hour in salt water. Baader filters remained completely intact as opposed to filters drilled out of large glass plates.
- All Baader filters sport scratch resistant hard coatings which can be cleaned repeatedly throughout their entire lifetime as many times as needed – preferably with Baader Optical Wonder cleaning fluid.
- No reflections when compared to competing RGB-filter recipes.
- Balanced RGB-design offer 1:1:1 exposure times for most telescope optical systems – an important benefit when imaging in automated mode.
- Maximised colour contrast for each of the three RGB channels – achieved through steep slopes at all transmission curves combined with science approved placement of spectral window.
- O III emission line double-weighted in the B and G channel as well, with maximum peak transmission for unparalleled deep sky S/N yield
- R-Filter provides maximum transmission of H-alpha and S II emission but at the same time completely blocks all NIR and IR from 680 out to 1200 nm
- Blocking of Mercury and Sodium vapour lamps at 580 nm in the G and R filters blackens the sky background and maximises colour balance and colour separation.
MANUFACTURER Baader Planetarium TRANSMISSION RANGE multiple bands (see spectral image) FILTER THICKNESS (WITHOUT CELL) 2 mm /3 mm AR-COATING dielectrically coated, planeoptically polished FILTER SIZE Various FILTER USAGE CCD, Contrast Enhancement, Light Pollution Reduction, Luminance, RGB FILTER MOUNTED Mounted (LPFC 6mm) and Unmounted TYPE OF FILTER Bandpass SINGLE OR SET? Filter-Set FILTER SHAPE round and square